Spring brings snake activity
As the temperatures rise during early spring, so do snake sightings and encounters.
One of the builders at our Sydney Avenue display village encountered a brown snake earlier this week Hotondo Homes. So please keep an eye out everyone!
The best thing you can do for your children, yourself and your pets is to keep your garden and surrounding outdoor area as tidy as possible.
- Keep the grass cut short.
- Keep the weeds down.
- Keep outdoor sheds and garages tidy.
- Don’t pile up compost, weeds or cuttings in your yard.
- Don’t leave out any food or water sources for snakes.
- Be aware that ponds and water features can attract snakes.
Basically, eliminate all sources of cover under which a snake could hide.
If you do encounter a snake, here are some guidelines to assist you.